MetaStar conducts independent medical case review for providers and health plans upon request. MetaStar’s pool of nurse and physician reviewers perform a thorough review of medical records to assure that medical care delivered met professionally recognized standards of care.
Types of Review
- Risk Management
- Utilization Management
- Diagnosis-related group (DRG)/Coding Validation
What makes our service unique?
- MetaStar has 40 years of experience providing medical review for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in Wisconsin
- MetaStar has served as the External Quality Review Organization (EQRO) for Wisconsin since 1973, providing medical review as part of this role
- Our physician reviewers are in active practice, board-certified and span 35 specialities
- Our nurse reviewers have clinical experience and years of experience in case review. They are thoroughly trained in review procedures and proficient in evidence-based guidelines.
- Confidentiality and security of your records are our top concern. We have established processes to ensure confidentiality and we use a secure file transfer system for all medical record files.
What our customers say:
100% of independent medical review customers in 2014 said they would recommend MetaStar to a colleague.