URAC Accreditation Validation Audit
MetaStar’s URAC Accreditation Validation Audit Services
MetaStar is an approved data validator for URAC accredited pharmacy organizations and health plans, including Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBMs), Mail Service Pharmacies, Specialty Pharmacies, Community Pharmacies, Drug Therapy Management Programs. As part of URAC’s requirements for accreditation, these organizations must report quality measures and the reporting processes must be audited. The URAC Accreditation Validation Audit is intended to ensure comparability across organizations and improve the reliability of data. MetaStar’s auditing team is experienced in a variety of audits and data validation.
Our breadth of experience
In addition to our work as an approved URAC data validator, MetaStar:
- Provides HEDIS Compliance Audit™ services to health plans since 1998.
- Provides Medicare Part C and Part D Data Validation contractor since audit inception in 2011.
- Provides Initial Validation Audits to Commercial Risk Adjusted health plans since 2016.
- Represents Wisconsin in the Lake Superior Quality Improvement Network (Lake Superior QIN), serving as the local change agent to help the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) achieve national health care quality goals. MetaStar has served in similar roles for Wisconsin for more than 40 years.
- Serves as the External Quality Review Organization (EQRO), continually contracted to the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services for more than 30 years.
- Serves as the Minnesota Department of Human Services performance measure validation firm since 2005.
- Serves as the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene HEDIS Compliance Audit™ firm since 2016.
Our audit philosophy: Quality with accuracy
As a quality improvement organization, we bring a focus on quality to all of our work. We approach each audit in a collaborative and educational manner. To do this, we provide regular feedback with the goal of improving audit results as well as the audit process and workflow.
What makes our URAC Accreditation Validation Audit service unique?
- Our customer portal, MyMetaStar, provides a one-stop-shop approach for easy and secure communication and file sharing.
- MetaStar auditors provide quick responses to customer requests and provide actionable feedback for improvement.
- MetaStar is a non-profit organization and has been focused on health care quality for more than 40 years.
- MetaStar is based in Madison, Wisconsin, and conducts audits for customers throughout the United States.
Request a proposal
For more information, or to request a proposal from MetaStar, click here.
MetaStar also provides HEDIS Compliance Audit services, Medicare Part C and Part D Data Validation Audit services and Initial Validation Audit services.
MetaStar’s HITRUST Certification is pending.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). NCQA HEDIS Compliance Audit™ is a trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).